We use food to satisfy cravings and wants. We use food to drain tension from awkward social situations. We use food to beautify our kitchens and tables.
We use food to survive.
Most of us have access to all the food we really need. But not all of us.
Some of us worry and wonder about where the next meal will come from. Some of us go to bed hungry on a regular basis. Some of us helplessly watch as our children don’t get enough to eat.
You see their faces every day. It’s your neighbor. It’s your child’s school friend. It’s that young family across the street. You will never know what they need.
But you can still help them.
Enter Drive & Drop, the Idaho Falls magazine’s annual food drive. We collect and deliver food to four local charities. All you have to do is drive by one of our donations stations with the goods you intend to donate. We’ll even unload your car for you.
What We Need
- Canned food
- Nonperishable food
- Household items (cleaning supplies and paper products)
Where We’ll Be
- Albertsons (17th Street location)
- Earth Day celebration at Tautphaus Park
When We'll Be There
- April 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Who You're Helping
What You'll Get (Aside from the Warm Fuzzies)
- Free frozen yogurt coupon from our Albertsons location
- Free admission to the Idaho Falls Zoo for children ages 12 and under (accompanied by a paying adult) from our Tautphaus Park location
We hope to see you there.