Presented by Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center & Perfect Light Camera & Supply, Idaho Falls magazine's 2013 installment of the East Idaho Community Photo Contest is still open for entries. In fact, the Sept. 30 deadline has been extended to Oct 21, 2012. Spread the word!
The 2013 contest (similar to the Idaho Falls-based competition in previous years) will have five main categories:
* Portraits (staged photos and/or candids that feature a person or people in East Idaho)
* Nature & Wildlife (Shots that depict the great outdoors in eastern Idaho)
* Sports & Leisure (Any type of action shot or activity--even a rather passive one like hanging out at Tautphaus Zoo, Ross Park, Mack's Inn, etc.)
* Events (Anything that captures or celebrates area events like the area's Fourth of July parades, Harvest Fest, Rush Triathlon, Old Town Pavilion concerts, etc)
* Open (Any image that doesn't fit in another category)
For this year's contest, there will be no cost for submission. The limit on the number of entries is three per category.
We strongly encourage you to submit your image(s) digitally via email attachment. Images should be jpegs sized to at least 3x5 inches at 300 dpi. As a result, file size should be anywhere from about 2 to 7 MB--yes, this is big, but not too big that you can't attach it to an email. Your email message should say EAST IDAHO PHOTO CONTEST ENTRY in the subject field. Be sure to include the category you are submitting for along with your full name, your phone number and a description of your photo including time and place.
The email address for submissions is: email@example.com
Please use the category as the subject line in the emails. We appreciate separate emails for each category, limiting entries to three per category.
Larger images are quite welcome, of course. Send them on CD or DVD if you prefer. You can also send film-based color or b/w prints. Mail them to: East Idaho Photo Contest, c/o Idaho Falls Magazine, 360 B Street, Idaho Falls, ID 83402. Digital prints will not be accepted.
At a Glance
* Open to amateur photographers throughout East Idaho
* $2,000+ Cash awards and plaques for top entries in up to 10 divisions
* Special merchandise awards up to $1,200 for grand prize
* $1,000+ added values in gift certificates
* Entry deadline: September 30, 2012
* Winners to be put on display at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls
* Contest rules, special promotions and contest updates at www.idahofallsmagazine.com
* Call Steve Smede at 208-542-2254 for details
Entry deadline: Extended to OCT. 21, 2012!
For additional inquiries, shoot an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: For all entries submitted, Harris Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to publish the images in its future publications, websites, etc. In such cases every effort will be made to credit the photographer.